Monday, October 21, 2013

Nicholas David West coast Tour ’13: Missoula for the win!

I know that I've been talking a lot about the scenery on this tour, but I can't help it.  I have been lucky enough to see some of the most beautiful drives America has to offer, and the drive from Washington to Montana was the best one so far.  I highly recommend driving through this part of the country in October it is majestic, just friggin' majestic.

Not sure if the M is for Montana or Missoula.
Tonight is our last show of the tour.  Our venue tonight is the Adams Event Center on the University of Montana campus.  I had a little time to walk around the campus before our sound check, and found it extremely beautiful and peaceful, surrounded by mountains and that infamous big sky.  I imagine it gets a little desolate in the winter, but at this time of year it is beautiful.  If I had to go to college again, this would be on my list.

My court.
As usual, we had a hurry up and wait type of day as we waited for sound check.  Luckily, the good people at the Adams Center put a ping-pong table and mini hoop shootout game in the catering area.  I am officially the champion of the shootout game (among our crew).

The band had a mixture of relief and sadness that this would be the last show of the tour.  We are excited to go home, but will also miss getting to perform in these wonderful venues each night.  Sweet and sour.  I am really proud of all of us for what we have accomplished on this tour.  We came, we saw, we rocked faces.

Adams Center during sound check.
The crowd was extremely receptive, and it felt like they knew it was the last show and provided us and the Avett Brothers with a ton of energy and support that we needed to get through the last show of the tour.  Everyone in both bands brought their A-game tonight.

At the end of the show, it was sad to say goodbye to the Avett Brothers and their crew.  I cannot thank them all enough for giving us this opportunity and being so professional, talented, nice and down to earth.  They are great people and I am honored to have shared the stage with them.

Avett Brothers rocking faces.
After loading out one last time, we all hoped in the van and went to a local watering hole with a few of our friends that have supported us for years, and who recently moved to Montana.  It was a fun hang and it was great to spend some time with some familiar faces that reminded us of home.

Today we woke up, had some breakfast and hit the road for the long flat drive home.  I've just lived out one of my life-long dreams, and hope it happens again.   Yay!









No comments:

Post a Comment